John the Baptist doubted Jesus “are you the one who was to come or should we look for another”, he asked.
it was John who said:
- A man can only receive what God has given him
- He must increase as I decrease
- I came that he might be revealed
- I did not know him but the one who sent me to baptize said the one you see the Holy Spirit come upon him as a dove he is the one.
Yet when John was in prison and sees that:
- Jesus does not visit him
- Jesus does not deliver him from prison and execution
- He asked “is he the one”?
How does it feel to be doubted by people who once had a revelation upon you, who even prophesied from God concerning you?
Could it be that prison experiences can make people doubt God himself and doubt their leaders?
Jesus replied go tell him what you see and hear
- In other words let the works speak
- Let the blind see
- The leprosies are healed
- The dead are raised
- The lame walk and the gospel is preached to the poor.
Jesus said “if you do not believe me at least believe the works that I do”
I pray that your works will silence all your doubters
Spectators may doubt you but they will begin to celebrate you when you rescue them by scoring
It won’t take an hour before they begin to say you are a star
It is interesting that Jesus never doubted John the Baptist but said there is no one born from a woman greater than John the Baptist
Fix your eyes on your assignment. No matter the accusations from doubters
Let God work greatly through you and silence your enemies and doubters for ever
God is faithful
Don’t doubt them back or speak against what you once saw about them through the revelations of the Holy Spirit
Dr Bishop Bernard Nwaka